Sunday 25 November 2012

Eye looks and recent portraits

I was playing with my make up last week but didn't post up any photos/blogged about. So here are the two attempts at dramatic eyelooks. I find it really hard to go crazy with colors because I so used to using light neutral shades. (even when I go out at night). So trying something like a blue.red was really challenging.



On the other hand, I discovered Adobe Lightroom and OH MY GAWD where have I been all my life? I feel like I have been missing out on so much. Been learning the program as much as I can for a week but then I realised I had to get back to drawing as well.

I also had a last minute photoshoot with my friend Mabel which was meant to be an entry for a weekly online challenge but it was too late to submit my entry. Nevertheless, I thought it was a good time to practice my photography and to play around with my flash. Getting her to pose was no problem and I can't wait to actually plan an actual photoshoot with her when she gets a weave on her hair. =P

After that I had a planned photoshoot with and interested person for modelling from a response to my gumtree ad a few weeks back. I planned a photoshoot with another lady but she couldn't make it on the day and I haven't heard from her since. I was pretty nervous for the photoshoot since I haven't actually took photos of someone I don't know and I'm not a professional. Not to mention I have horrible socializing skills. But I think it went fairly well..and I hope I'll be able to do more photoshoots to practice my people and photography skill set. Enough of the talking, here are a few of my favourite shots.

When I first discovered Lightroom...I was like HOLY SHIT I CAN MAKE MY EYES LOOK LIKE THIS SHARP WTF. Noob alert.





The church setting was so lovely! Didn't have time to take actual pictures of the place because I had my 35mm prime lens on which wasn't wide enough and I still needed it for the portraits




It was a real challenge to shoot Annie because she tends to blink very quickly when I press the shutter(which means flash). The glasses was also a challenge because of how often it cuts out the eyes. But I've learn a fair bit from this photoshoot and am glad to have done it. 

No comments: